This post discusses obtaining medical treatment after NC Auto Crash. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault and have sustained injures, read on.

Hopefully, after your motor vehicle accident, you went to the emergency room or to some other medical facility that assessed your injuries. If you did not seek immediate medical attention because you were not hurting at the time but you are hurting now, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. At the hospital, you should have received a physical examination and any imaging necessary to determine how serious your injuries are.

The type of medical treatment you need will depend on the type of injury you have sustained. For the sake of this article, we will break down injuries into two types: Soft and hard tissue.

Soft Tissue Injuries

According to Johns Hopkins, soft tissue injuries are classified as contusions (bruises), sprains, tendonitis, bursitis, stress injuries and strains. Treatment can involve R.I.C.E., chiropractic care or pain medications. Soft tissue injuries can take a prolonged time to heal even with the appropriate medical treatment.

Hard Tissue Injuries

Hard Tissue injuries are broken bones (fractures). The type of doctor you will need to see and treatment you will receive depends on what is broken. But, usually orthopedists treat broken bones. Treatment options can include cast immobilization; a functional cast or brace; traction; external fixation; and open reduction and internal fixation (Via AAOS). Hard Tissues injuries can also take substantial time to heal.

Obtaining Medical Treatment After NC Auto Crash

 If you have personal health insurance you can use it to seek the medical treatment that you need until you recover your expenses from the at-fault party’s insurance company. Your health insurance company may want to know details about the accident so they can recover from the at-fault party’s insurance as well.
If you do not have health insurance and cannot afford to see a doctor, you can try to come to an arrangement with the doctors that you are seeing by letting them know that you have a NC Auto Crash claim pending. You can also try to find a free/low cost clinic in your area where you may be able to receive treatment for your accident-related injuries.

At The Bishop Law Firm, we can give you legal advice on obtaining medical treatment after NC Auto Crashes. We represent Personal Injury clients in Raleigh, Durham, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Smithfield, Louisburg, Chapel Hill, Roanoke Rapids and surrounding areas in North Carolina. Call us today, (919) 615-3095.