If you need a can help you. We represent injured workers in Rocky Mount and surrounding areas. Call us today for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095.s’ in Rocky Mount, NC, keep reading for how The
Some Rocky Mount, NC Work Facts
Agriculture, Healthcare & Social Assistance and Manufacturing are in the top five most dangerous industries in the United States. In fact, statistics show that hospitals are one of the most hazardous places to work.
No matter where you work in Rocky Mount, being hurt at work can cost you pain, time, money and frustration.
Under NC , if you are an injured (independent contractors and volunteers are not employees) you can receive wage loss and for non-fatal injuries and death benefits for fatal injuries.
Medical includes medical treatment and mileage reimbursement for treatment of your on the job . Lost Wage benefits provide monetary due to your inability to earn wages because of your on the job . This benefit provides based on the physical impairment of the injured body part as well.
There are four types of based in which an The benefits available are: temporary total (TTD); temporary partial (TPD); permanent partial (PPD) and permanent total (PTD). may be entitled to receive based on North Carolina .
For a deceased death benefits, may be awarded to the family members of workers who died as the result of an on-the-job . They are 2/3 the average weekly wage of the deceased , not to exceed $992 per week for 500 weeks. Burial expenses are covered as a death benefit up to $10,000.
It should be noted that if you are injured by a 3rd party while working (for example, in a ), you can have a NC claim as well as a NC . While NC is generally no-fault, a NC claim can be barred by .
If you foresee that you will be out of work for a year or more you should also discuss filing a claim for Social Security with a .
The handles W , P and Social Security D cases for our Rocky Mount clients.
Steps to Take after Your
After your you need to:
- Immediately notify your about your verbally and in writing (within 30 days)
- Seek Medical Treatment – Most employers will direct an to a place to receive medical treatment after their . You should go where you tells you to go.
- Follow ALL Medical Advice and keep your employer informed about your injury.
- If you are missing work, document when you missed and how much you would have earned
- AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA
- Contact us for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095! We can help with the below steps.
- Send a written letter or email to your about your within thirty (30) days after the
- File a claim with the North Carolina Industrial Commission (N.C.I.C.) by filing an I. C. Form 18 online.
- Your NC claim will either be:
- Accepted – the company) controls where the obtains medical treatment. A doctor who works for the may have a different view on the appropriate medical treatment for your impairments compared to a treating physician. It is often necessary to obtain a 2nd medical opinion. has agreed that you have a claim. In accepted cases, the (their
- Denied – the is denying that you have been hurt at work or that you have a claim for . In denied claims, a injured can seek treatment from any source but if you do not win your case, you will not be reimbursed.
Do you need a ?
A can help you attain necessary medical treatment and recover more of your -related expenses as well as file forms with the N.C.I.C. and communicate with the adjuster.
If you feel that you are not receiving all the medical treatment that you need to recover, you need a 2nd opinion as soon as possible. An can help you attain the opinion you need. who knows NC
If the has denied your claim giving a a call may be the only way to recover. If you do not pursue your , you will receive no . Legal advice is a necessity.
represents clients in Rocky Mount NC and we do not get paid unless you win. Give us a call today for a free case evaluation, (919) 615-3095!