Have you been injured at work and need a Smithfield, NC Worker’s Compensation Lawyer? If so, The Bishop Law Firm can help. We represent worker’s compensation clients in Smithfield (Johnston County) and surrounding areas. Call us today for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095.
Some Facts about Smithfield, NC
According to the Smithfield-Selma Chamber of Commerce, the largest employers are Johnston County Schools, Grifols Therapeutics Inc and Johnston Health UNC Health Care. The largest industries in Smithfield are Education & Health Services and Manufacturing. Healthcare is, unfortunately, one of the most dangerous industries for workers in the United States and while manufacturing has improved in terms of safety, it still can be a very dangerous environment to work in. No matter where you work in Smithfield, being hurt on the job can cost you pain, time and money.
Steps to Take after Your Work Injury
- Immediately notify your employer about your injury verbally and seek medical treatment. Most employers instruct clients to report to an urgent care facility. You should follow all medical advice. Keep your employer informed about your progress. If you are missing work, document when you missed and how much you would have earned.
- AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA
- Call us for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095. We can help you file a claim and communicate with the insurance adjuster.
- Send a written letter or email to your employer about your injury within thirty (30) days after the accident
- File a claim with the North Carolina Industrial Commission (N.C.IC.) by filing an I. C. Form 18 online.
- Your NC Workers Compensation claim will either be:
Do you need a Smithfield, NC Worker’s Compensation Lawyer?
A Smithfield, NC Worker’s Compensation Lawyer can help you attain necessary medical treatment and recover more of your accident-related expenses as well as file forms with the N.C.I.C. and communicate with the adjuster. If you feel that you are not receiving all the medical treatment that you need to recover or if the workers compensation insurance company has denied your claim giving a lawyer a call may be the only way to recover. The Bishop Law Firm represents workers compensation clients in Smithfield, NC and we do not get paid unless you win. Give us a call today for a free case evaluation, (919)615-3095!