If you want to lose your Social Security Disability case you should do the below:
1. Don’t go to the Doctor. Many clients are unable to afford medical treatment. If you are unable to afford it, apply for Medicaid at your local Social Services. Also, try to find low cost/free places in your community where health-care is provided. Don’t give up. You must have evidence (medical records) to win your case.
2. Don’t complete the forms that SSA sends you. The Social Security Administration denies claims everyday because they do not receive information that they requested. Fill out the forms and send them back as soon as possible.
3. Lie about anything. Honesty is important. Be honest with everyone you encounter during the disability process, starting with the person at the window in the Social Security office who takes your intial claim. Even their observations are included in your Social Security Disability file.
4. Don’t communicate with your lawyer. Your lawyer needs to know if you have moved, went to a new doctor, changed phone numbers or have any new illnesses. If you don’t tell us, we don’t know.
5. Become frustrated and give up. Don’t give up on your case! If you are disabled and unable to work, you have to fight through the denials and the wait to be found disabled. If you give up and do not appeal a denial, you are letting the Social Security Administration tell you that you are not disabled.
The Bishop Law Firm is experienced with every step of the Social Security Disability Process. Remember that you do not have to face this alone! Call us for a free case evaluation today.