I drove to Charlotte, NC a few weekends ago. The sky was a clear Carolina Blue and the weather was simply gorgeous! There wasn’t a rain cloud to be found and you could see for miles. I was traveling on the interstate with a fair amount of traffic, but not overly congested. You would think the 4-hour round-trip drive would have been enjoyable. However, the drive was quite stressful. Everywhere you looked, cars were speeding by…whoosh! I thought I was part of the Indianapolis 500. I observed several dangerous types of driving patterns which led me to the title of this post: The Fast & Furious aka NC Personal Injury Auto Cases.
You have been injured in an NC auto accident, now what?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of being injured in an automobile accident in the Raleigh, Cary or Durham North Carolina area, seek prompt medical attention. Do not delay obtaining medical treatment if you are injured in an auto accident, because you may not know the extent of your injury(s) until you have been evaluated by a medical professional. You may ask yourself “When is it a good time to contact a Raleigh personal injury attorney?” or “Should I contact a NC personal injury attorney?” You should contact a local personal injury attorney when you have legal questions about how your claim is being handled by the insurance company or if you have filed a personal injury claim and have not received a response from the insurance company. Questions that our clients frequently have:
- Who pays for the medical bills?
- Check out our post Medical Bills After a NC Car Accident
- Can I be reimbursed for missed time from work?
- How is Pain and Suffering calculated?
- How can I get the insurance company to tell me the Insurance Policy Limits?
- Unfortunately, in NC, you have to jump through hoops to make the insurance company provide policy limits if they will not give them willing and even then there is no guarantee that the insurance will provide the information needed. In many cases, litigation is the only option for full disclosure from the at-fault party’s insurance.
- What miscellaneous expenses can I be reimbursed for?
- Depending on the circumstances of your case, mileage reimbursement, childcare expenses, rental car expenses (if paid out of pocket) are some additional expenses that can be added to your demand.
- What can I do if I have permanent scarring or disfigurement?
- Photos, Photos, Photos. Visually documenting your wounds, the healing process and any scarring/disfigurement is essential to obtaining recovery.
Even though the above expenses are caused by their insured’s negligence, most insurance adjusters simply do not want to pay or they will try to pay you as little as possible. Unfortunately, the NC Personal Injury process is not easy to navigate but you do not have to try to figure it out on your own! NC Personal Injury Attorneys are here to assist those that have been injured in automobile accidents.
Choosing a NC Personal Injury Attorney
There are many factors to consider when deciding on representation for your NC personal injury case. Insurance adjusters and their lawyers are looking for potential liability to establish the value of your claim. Unrepresented individuals have a smaller chance of filing a court case which means that the cost of litigation is not a threat to the insurance company. This threat of litigation can increase the amount of money the insurance company offers. In addition, a complete demand with all medical treatment, expenses, documentation of missed time from work, costs of future medical expenses and photos of vehicles/injuries can make the difference in what a case settles for. Having an attorney who understands their role in this process is imperative.
The Bishop Law Firm is a contingency fee law firm, which means that we do not get paid unless you win and the amount we recover is based on what our client recovers. We are very interested in attaining the best settlement possible for our client in every case. We represent NC Personal Injury Auto Case clients in Raleigh, Durham, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Smithfield, Louisburg, Chapel Hill, Roanoke Rapids and surrounding areas in North Carolina. Give us a call today at (919) 615-3095 for a free case review or start your free case review now.