This post discusses medical bills after a NC Motor Vehicle Accident. Read on for more information on how to handle these bills.

After being injured in a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault, you  sought medical care or maybe even an ambulance was called to the scene for you. You went to the hospital and/or medical provider’s office, medical tests were ran and perhaps medication/medical device or  physical therapy, etc. was prescribed for the injuries you sustained in the accident. While trying to recover from your injuries and get back to work, you start to receive rather large medical bills with notices saying that past due amounts can be reported to credit reporting agencies. You begin to feel that you are being punished for someone else’s mistake. What can you do?

Medical bills after a NC Motor Vehicle Accident can be handled in a few different ways. You should file a claim under the at-fault drivers auto insurance first. If that is denied, then you should file under your own health insurance. If your auto insurance has Med-Pay coverage you will be able to recover your medical expenses that way. Lastly, you can enter into a payment arrangement with the medical provider.

If the at-fault driver’s insurance won’t pay for your medical expenses you can try to recover your expenses through a NC Motor Vehicle Accident Injury case. Please remember that insurance companies make money by insuring people not by paying claims. Do not rely on the at-fault driver’s insurance company to tell you what you can and can not be compensated for after an auto accident.

If the at-fault insurance company is unwillingly to pay for your medical expenses it is a good idea to contact a NC Auto Accident Attorney who can advise you of your rights and ensure that you receive all compensation your are entitled to. The last thing that you need is medical providers reporting delinquent accounts on your credit for medical treatment you received due an accident caused by someone else!

The Bishop Law Firm can help with your medical bills after a NC Motor Vehicle Accident. We represent Personal Injury clients in Raleigh, Durham, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Smithfield, Louisburg, Chapel Hill, Roanoke Rapids and surrounding areas in North Carolina. Give us a call today, (919) 615-3095.