If you live in Greenville, NC, the Bishop Law Firm can handle your Social Security Disability case. In this article I will discuss the steps you need to take to get your claim started and how our firm can help you.

Step One: Call us at (855) 355-0078 and we will send you some information to get you started.

Step Two: File a claim at the local Social Security Office. The local office is at 2508 Charles Blvd, Greenville NC. Their phone number is (866) 494-4001. You may want to call ahead. When you file this claim you will need the following information: http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-16.html.

Step 3: Meet with your Social Security Lawyer in Greenville! I try to meet my clients at least twice during this process. My legal assistant will set up some time for us to meet. Currently I am meeting clients at the Pitt Council on Aging at 4551 County Home Road, Greenville, NC 27858.

Step 4: If you go anywhere new for treatment, take any new medication, or have any new diagnosis, you need to call us and let us know so we can forward that information on to the Social Security Administration.

Step 5: After you apply for benefits, your case will be sent to DDS (Disability Determination Services) in Raleigh, NC. An examiner will be assigned to your case. The examiner may send you forms to fill out and may also send forms to 3rd parties for them to give their opinion about your daily activities. It is extremely important that you complete these forms as soon as possible and return them to the DDS examiner. In addition, DDS may send you to a consultative examination.

If you are disabled and live in Greenville, NC, just know the Bishop Law Firm handles Social Security Disability cases at any level and is willing to assist you throughout your disability case. I look forward to meeting you!