SSI (Supplemental Security Income) is available for individuals with limited resources and who have been found disabled by the Social Security Administration. The SSA uses a five step process to determine if you are disabled or not.
You need to take these steps to get your case started:
- Call the Bishop Law Firm for your free case evaluation at 919-615-3095. We will send you some information to get you started.
- Call your local Social Security Office and set up an appointment to file for SSI. You will need this information to file.
- Make a list of where you have been to the doctor, the medications you take and also try to find a family member or friend who will be willing to give information about your impairments to Social Security
- After you apply, your case will be sent to DDS. An examiner at DDS will review your information and send you forms to fill out. (You have gathered this information in Step 3 above). Fill out this information as soon as possible and return it to the examiner.
- Meet your SSI Lawyer, Kimberly Bishop! My legal assistant will set up some time for us to meet.
You should know that DDS denies most of the claims that they see. If you receive a denial, do not be upset. Many people receive denials from DDS and they go on to eventually be approved. Unfortunately, this seems to be part of the process. For more information on the Disability Process look here.
If you need a SSI Lawyer in Raleigh to help with your case, just know that the Bishop Law Firm wants to help you.