If you need a Roanoke Rapids Workers Compensation Lawyer, keep reading for how The Bishop Law Firm can help. We represent injured workers in Halifax County and surrounding areas. We do not get paid unless you win. Call us today for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095 or start your free case review online now.
Some Roanoke Rapids, NC Facts
- The largest industries in Roanoke Rapids are Manufacturing and Healthcare & Social Assistance.
- The highest paid industries in Roanoke Rapids are Utilities; Professional, Scientific, Tech Services and Finance & Insurance.
- Lowes Regional Distribution Center, Halifax Regional Hospital and Kapton Paper & Packaging are among the largest employers in Roanoke Rapids.
- Healthcare & Social Assistance and Manufacturing are in the top five most dangerous industries in the United States. In fact, statistics show that hospitals are one of the most hazardous places to work. In 2016, manufacturing was the 2nd most fatal industry in North Carolina second only to construction.
- No matter where you work in Roanoke Rapids, being hurt at work can cost you pain, time, and money.
Types of NC Workers Compensation Benefits
There are four types of disability based compensation in which an injured worker may be entitled to receive based on North Carolina Law. The disability compensation benefits are:
- Temporary total disability compensation – Temporary total disability benefits (TTD) are the benefits owed to a NC workers’ compensation recipient when they are unable to work for a period of time that is more than 7 days. If an employee is awarded temporary total disability benefits, they will get 2/3 of their average weekly wage, not to exceed $992 per week under current law. The injured employee who is awarded TTD will also get their medical bills paid for by their employer’s insurance company. Generally, a worker getting TTD will return back to work at the discretion of their treating physician.
- Temporary partial disability compensation – Temporary partial disability benefits are for injured workers who are capable of returning to work, but not for the same wages they were working for pre-workplace injury. In this case, a worker may be entitled to 2/3 the difference between their pre and post-injury wages.
- Permanent partial disability compensation Permanent partial disability benefits (PPD) are assigned to workers who sustain a permanent injury and cannot return to the same work because of the injury. An injured worker who gets PPD is assigned a disability rating by a doctor which is a percentage of injury to that body part. The amount of compensation for the loss of use of a body part is defined by statute.
- Permanent total disability compensation – the worker must show that he/she is totally and permanently disabled from any occupation and thus will receive medical benefits and his/her weekly compensation for life.
Steps to Take after Your Work Injury
If you have been injured at work, follow the below steps:
- Immediately notify your employer about your injury verbally.
- Seek Medical Treatment and document all places you have been for treatment (ambulance, FastMed, hospital, etc).
- Follow Medical Advice!
- If you are missing work, document when you missed and how much you would have earned.
- AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA
- Give us a call for your free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095! We can help with the below process.
- Send a written letter or email to your employer about your injury within thirty (30) days after the accident.
- File a claim with the North Carolina Industrial Commission (N.C.IC.) by filing an I. C. Form 18 online.
- Your NC Workers Compensation claim will either be:
- Accepted - the insurance company has agreed that you have a claim, but what is covered and what should you do if the insurance company will not pay for treatment that you need? A Roanoke Rapids NC Worker's Compensation Lawyer can advise you of your next steps.
- Denied - the insurance company is denying that you have been hurt at work or that you have a compensable claim. Contacting a worker's compensation lawyer should be your next move.
Do you need a Roanoke Rapids Workers Compensation Lawyer?
A Roanoke Rapids Workers Compensation Lawyer can help you attain necessary medical treatment and recover more of your accident-related expenses as well as file forms with the N.C.I.C. and communicate with the adjuster. If you feel that you are not receiving all the medical treatment that you need to recover or if the workers compensation insurance company has denied your claim giving a lawyer a call may be the only way to recover.
The Bishop Law Firm represents worker's compensation clients in Roanoke Rapids NC and we do not get paid unless you win. Give us a call today for a free case evaluation, (919)615-3095!
Also read NC Workers Compensation Lawyer