If you are looking for an SSI Lawyer in Raleigh, NC, we can help! The Bishop Law Firm practices Social Security Disability (SSDI and SSI) Law. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is one of the two types of benefits that you may be eligible for if you are found disabled by the Social Security Administration.
SSI is a need based program and you must meet income/asset standards in addition to being found disabled . In NC, SSI recipients are also entitled to Medicaid. SSI is also available for disabled children and is evaluated under a different standard than adults. Child SSI terminates when the child turns 18. Your child will then have to reapply and be evaluated as an adult.
In order to get your SSI claim started, you need to:
- Call the Bishop Law Firm so we can send you some information to get you started and tell you how/where to file your SSI claim.
- Call your local Social Security Office and set up an appointment to file
- Meet your SSI Lawyer in Raleigh, NC, ME! My legal assistant will set up some time for us to meet.
- Your case will be sent to DDS in Raleigh, NC. The person working on your case (an examiner) will send you forms to complete. Complete the forms as soon as possible and return to DDS. Call us if you have any problems with the forms.
- Call us if you go any new doctors, have to go to the hospital or start taking new medications.
The Bishop Law Firm does not get paid unless we win your case. We want to help you win! If you are looking for an SSI Lawyer in Raleigh, NC, give us a call at (919) 615-3095.