If you have been injured on the job and need a Chapel Hill, NC can help with your case. We represent in Chapel Hill ( ’s , The Bishop Orange County) and surrounding areas. Read on for how we can help and contact us today for a free case evaluation, (919) 615-3095.
Being hurt on the job can be as simple as a bump on the toe from a desk or as devastating as a traumatic brain . Certain industries have a higher incidence of injuries and unfortunately, deaths. Even if you are not involved in a typically dangerous job you can still sustain a serious .
One of the largest industries in Chapel Hill is Healthcare & Social Assistance. The UNC-Healthcare are among the largest employers in Chapel Hill.
Healthcare & Social Assistance is in the top five most dangerous industries in the United States. In fact, statistics show that hospitals are one of the most hazardous places to work. No matter where you work in Chapel Hill, being hurt at work can cost you pain, time, and money.
Do you have a NC ?
An three or more employees must carry insurance. is entitled to if they are an employee who was injured at work (not a volunteer or an independent contractor). Also, being hurt on the way to work or on the way home does not qualify you for a claim. Employers in NC with
If your (and they employ three or more people) because they do not have insurance, you should seek from a as soon as possible. tells you that you do not have a
If you are injured by a 3rd party at work (for example, a car accident), you may also have a NC Personal Injury case.
What benefits can I receive?
NC provides medical and wage loss benefits for non-fatal injuries and death benefits for fatal injuries. Medical includes and mileage reimbursement for treatment of your on the job .
Lost Wage benefits provide monetary Four Types of NC Workers Comp . due to your inability to earn wages because of your on the job . This benefit provides based on the physical impairment of the injured body part as well. Also read
Steps After Your
- After being hurt, you should immediately inform your verbally and as soon as possible in writing (within 30 days).
- Most employers will instruct an employee to report for at a local urgent care facility. Thankfully, some injuries can be resolved with immediate care. However, for more serious injuries, a bandage will not suffice.
- What happens if the urgent care facility cannot treat your or what if they tell you that you are fine but you continue to have terrible pain? Can you go to your own doctor? At this point, you need to orally inform your of your continued pain as well as inform your in writing and file a Form 18 with the Industrial Commission about your . If you are unsure of how to fill out the Form 18 consider contacting a Chapel Hill NC for help. ’s
- Your can accept or deny your claim:
- If your claim is accepted , you will need to get permission from your to receive for your injuries. While the insurer is willing to pay for treatment they are only willing to pay for treatment that they deem necessary. What if you need treatment that they are not willing to pay for?
- If the denies your claim’s they are denying that your work injury is covered by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance.
Accepted and denied claims both can have legal issues. In accepted claims, the insurance may not want to pay for all your needed medical treatment. In denied cases, filing for a hearing in front of the NCIC is your only recourse.
Do you need a s’
A Chapel Hill, NC can help you obtain and that you need to get back on your feet after an . Insurance adjusters do not like to pay claims, especially when there are preexisting conditions or expensive medical treatment for serious injury is needed.
Having a NC Workers’ Comp attorney review your accident report, your medical treatment, help you obtain a 2nd opinion, calculate your wages, file your case with the NCIC and represent you at hearing will ensure you receive the most compensation for your work accident.
The Bishop represents clients in Chapel Hill and surrounding areas and we do not get paid unless we win your case. Call us today, (919) 615-3095 for a free case review.