NC MVA Property Damage and Personal Injury

NC MVA Property Damage and Personal Injury
By Kimberly BishopNovember 15, 2017,

If you have been injured in a NC Auto Accident read on for tips on handling your NC MVA Property Damage and Personal Injury claims.

What type of MVA claim do I have?

Property damage involves damage to your car or other property while personal injury involves harm to your body. The property damage claim does not cover lost wages or medical expenses. A personal injury claim does not cover damages to your property. If you have both, you will need two separate claims in order to be reimbursed.

Many people have both types of claims but do not seek medical treatment due to believing that the pain will go away on its on. If your body tells you that something is wrong, seek medical treatment! Please remember that the longer after the accident you wait to receive medical treatment the more difficult it is to prove that the accident caused the injury.

Was the MVA your fault?

If the accident was your fault, you will need to contact your own insurance company to try to recover for the property damage under your collision insurance coverage. You may attempt to recover reimbursement for your medical expenses (if you have MedPay). After contacting your insurance company, an adjuster will come out to assess the property damage to your vehicle. If you have sustained injuries and received medical treatment you will also need to file a claim with your insurance company to be reimbursed for those expenses.

If the accident was not your fault, you will need to contact the at-fault party's insurance company to recover for your property damage, medical expenses and lost wages. As mentioned above, you will have two different claims (and most likely, adjusters). Check out our page about NC Auto Accident personal injury claims.

If you have been involved in an accident, you can potentially recover for your NC MVA property damage and personal injury. It is advisable to consult with a NC Auto Accident Lawyer who can advise you of your rights. We represent car accident victims in Raleigh, Durham, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Smithfield, Louisburg, Chapel Hill, Roanoke Rapids and surrounding areas in North Carolina. We do not get paid unless you win your case. Give us a call today, (919) 615-3095.

Why Choose
The Bishop Law Firm
Disability & Injury

Disability & Injury Law is all we do.
We keep you informed.
We don’t get paid unless you do.
Local. Dependable. Knowledgeable.
Free Case Reviews