If you need a Durham NC Workers Compensation Lawyer, keep reading for how The Bishop Law Firm can help. We represent worker’s compensation clients in Durham and surrounding areas. Call us today for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095.

The City of Medicine

According to Forbes, Durham’s major industries are technology, health care and education. Durham is known as the “City of Medicine” and has more than 300 medical practices and health-related companies whose combined payroll exceeds $1.2 billion annually. Unfortunately, statistics show that hospitals are one of the most hazardous places to work. The most common cause of injury is “overexertion or bodily reaction, ” which includes lifting, bending, reaching, or slipping. No matter what industry you work in, being hurt at work can cost you time, money and frustration.

Steps to Take after Your Work Injury

  1. Immediately notify your employer about your injury verbally
    1. Seek Medical Treatment
    2. Follow Medical Advice
    3. If you are missing work, document when you missed and how much you would have earned
  2. Send a written letter or email to your employer about your injury within thirty (30) days after the accident
  3. File a claim with the North Carolina Industrial Commission (N.C.IC.) by filing an I. C. Form 18 online.
  4. Your NC Workers Compensation claim will either be:
    1. Accepted OR
    2. Denied

Do you need a Durham NC Workers Compensation Lawyer?

A Durham NC Workers Compensation Lawyer can help you attain necessary medical treatment and recover more of your accident-related expenses as well as file forms with the N.C.I.C. and communicate with the adjuster. If you feel that you are not receiving all the medical treatment that you need to recover or if the workers compensation insurance company has denied your claim giving a lawyer a call may be the only way to recover. The Bishop Law Firm represents workers compensation clients in Durham NC and we do not get paid unless you win. Give us a call today for a free case evaluation, (919)615-3095!