Do you need a Fayetteville Personal Injury Lawyer? If so, The Bishop Law Firm can help. We represent personal injury clients in Fayetteville and surrounding areas in North Carolina. Give us a call today at (919) 615-3095 or start your free case review now.
Fayetteville NC Personal Injury Cases
North Carolina personal injury cases are designed to compensate individuals who are injured because of the negligence of another. This “another” can mean a business, such as in a slip-and-fall situation, and/or a person, such as in a motor vehicle accident. There are time limits (See also Statute of Limitations) and location requirements to have a viable personal injury claim.
In general, you have three (3) years from the date of the accident to file the case in District or Superior Court, and you must file the case in the county where the accident occurred. Also see Overview of a NC Personal Injury Case.
What can you recover?
According to NC Law, the at-fault party is responsible for compensating you for your accident related medical bills, lost wages and pain & suffering. Punitive damages are available if the at-fault party’s conduct was “egregiously wrongful.
Workplace accidents can involve a workers compensation claim and devastating injuries can require a application for Social Security Disability. Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers can help you determine what compensation you can recover and other avenues that may need to be explored.
Settle or Go to Trial?
One of, if not the most difficult, question at the outset of your personal injury claim is whether to accept a settlement offer from the at-fault party’s insurance company or take the case to trial. In short, the answer to that question is “it depends.”
To determine your best options, a personal injury attorney will review and analyze the issues in your case and guide you in your decision of when, if, and for how much to settle your claims. This review and analysis includes considering the factors unique to taking a personal injury claim to trial in Cumberland County District or Superior Court. For more on trial read Litigation – Starting the Lawsuit.
Types of Fayetteville Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian vs. Auto Accidents
- Dog Bite Cases
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Work Injury Cases
- Premise Liability Cases
- Hospital Negligence Cases
- Social Security Disability
*Call us at (919) 615-3095 if your case type is not listed to see if we can help.*
Frequently Asked Questions
- What percentage do most personal injury lawyers take? Our contingent fee law firm charges 33.33% for representing car accident victims. This means that we are paid solely off how much money we recover for our clients. If we do not recover for our clients, we do not get paid.
- Will I get more settlement money with a personal injury lawyer? No one can guarantee you more money if you have a lawyer in any legal case. But having a personal injury lawyer can help with gathering evidence, negotiating with the adjuster, obtaining experts, preparing you for litigation and making sure that your settlement includes all accident related expenses.
- How long does a personal injury case take to settle? The answer to this question depends on many factors. We do not even begin to discuss settling until our client has received all appropriate medical treatment. Usually victims with severe injuries take longer to heal and thus their claims can take longer. If future medical treatment will be needed, we need to know the value of that medical treatment before we discuss settlement. In addition, if a insurance adjuster is not willing to offer a reasonable settlement, we may have to file a personal injury lawsuit which can add substantial time to a case.
- Are personal injury claims usually settled out of court? In general, yes. But that does not mean that your case will. Sometimes litigation is a necessary step to get a fair settlement realized.
- What are the stages of a personal injury claim? Injury; Treatment; Claim filed with insurance company; Demand sent; Negotiation: Insurance offers settlement amount; Settlement accepted or settlement not accepted; If settlement offer from insurance not accepted: Complaint, Discovery, Depositions, Mediation (in Superior Court), Trial.
- How do I get the most out of personal injury? Seeking the appropriate medical treatment, documenting your daily life while recovering, take photos of your injuries, asking your doctor to document your time off work due to your personal injury and patience will get you the most out of your personal injury claim.
- What if you can’t afford a lawyer for a personal injury case? The Bishop Law Firm is a contingent fee law firm which means that we get paid out of your settlement, so there are no retainer fees or upfront costs. If you decide not to hire a lawyer because you don’t want to pay a lawyer, you will have to deal with the insurance company alone.
Do you need a Fayetteville Personal Injury Lawyer?
After being injured in a car crash, bitten by a dog, suffered a workers’ compensation injury or any other type of injury that was not your fault, you need to recover for your loses. Legal advice can help you make informed decisions about your injury claim.
If you want to obtain the maximum compensation for your personal injury claims, you need Fayetteville Personal Injury Lawyers. Do not expect the at-fault party, at-fault driver’s insurance company, or their lawyer to inform you of all the recovery you are entitled to. It is the goal of the at-fault party’s insurance company to pay you the bare minimum, if anything, for your claim. The Bishop Law Firm, on the other hand, seeks to get you the most recovery possible for your claims.
We do not get paid anything unless you get paid, AND we only get paid a percentage from the recovery you are awarded. This means that we are motivated to help you attain the highest recovery possible. Call us today for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095!
Also read North Carolina Personal Injury Lawyer