Do you need a Winston Salem ? Being injured due to someone else’s negligence can knock you for a loop as well as cost you time and money! The Bishop can help you recover.
We are a contingency fee basis law firm which means that we do not get paid unless you win (no upfront fees). Give us a call today for a free evaluation at (919) 615-3095 or start your free case review online now.
North Carolina is a contributory negligence state. This means that you must not be at fault (even 1%) to recover for your (but see The Last Clear Chance Doctrine). There are also time limits (Statute of Limitations ) on how long injury victims have to file a civil lawsuit. The time limits are different for different types of cases, but, in general , you have three (3) years from the date of the .
Please note that filing a claim with the . You must file a complaint in the county of before the time limit runs out if you are unable to obtain adequate from the . is different than pursuing litigation on your
Unfortunately, a personal injury can cause lifelong disability. For serious injury that affects a victim's ability to work, we offer Winston Salem, NC Social Security Disability claims presentation.
What can you recover?
. According to NC , the at-fault party is responsible for compensating you for your , lost income and Pain & Suffering (emotional trauma) are some of the types of recovery that you can receive from your -related . If you miss time from work , the at-fault party should also pay for your lost wages.
Pain & suffering can be difficult to calculate. It would naturally follow that the greater your medical expenses, the greater your suffering, but that is not always the case. A personal injury attorney can help with calculating your pain & suffering damages. In our experience, photographs of injuries can be immensely helpful.
Types of Claims We Handle*
Unfortunately, personal injury victims can be hurt in many ways due to the negligence of others. Our firm can help with:
– If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident through no fault of your own, you need to be reimbursed for your losses. Unfortunately, car accidents today can be caused by distracted drivers who are texting and driving . Being hit head-on, rear-ended or T-boned can leave you with serious injuries that require expensive . In NC, the at-fault party is responsible for your , missed time from work and pain & suffering. But what if the at-fault party’s does not want to pay?
– Cars never win against big trucks when an happens. Being hit by a 18-wheeler can leave you or your loved one with catastrophic injuries that can easily deplete any money you have saved and have your family in debt for years to come. You should not have to pay twice for someone else’s negligence.
– Motorcyclists have no protection against cars or the road. Car vs. motorcycle accidents can result in severe injuries including traumatic brain injuries . The real effects of an TBI may not be felt or noticed immediately. What if you need more after your has settled?
Pedestrian vs. – Being hit by a car can destroy your body and have long term implications for the rest of your life. You need to ensure all your or your inability to work is covered in your , past, present and future.
Cases – A lost life can never be replaced. Losing a spouse, child or sibling because of someone else’s negligence is devastating. You need time to focus on saying good-bye, not dealing with the at-fault party’s A can help you avoid extra stress through an already stressful time..
Work Cases – If you have been hurt on the job, even after being a faithful, long-serving employee, your employer can deny your workplace injury claim or refuse to pay for that you need. NC Workers Compensation claims are handled by the North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC).
Hospital Negligence Cases – Receiving negligent hospital treatment is unacceptable and can have far-reaching consequences for your body.
Dog Bite/Attack Cases – Some breeds are just more aggressive and territorial. Unfortunately, some home-owner insurance policies refuse to cover some breeds of dogs. How do you find out if your is covered?
Premise Cases – Slip and Falls can be difficult to prove because not only does the negligence have to be present, it also has to be the proximate cause of your . Premises Liability cases rely heavily on the facts of your injury.
Social Security Disability - Being unable to work due to illness can be a devastating realization. Having a SSD attorney on your side can assist by knowing what information SSA uses to determine disability.
* If your type is not listed, give us a call to see if we can help at (919) 615-3095.
Settle or Go to Trial?
If the at-fault party or their insurance carrier is not willing to cover all your expenses and compensate you for pain & suffering, should you still accept the offer? What about future related to the ? There are no easy answers to these questions.
If you were injured in Winston Salem, NC, your will be heard in Forsyth County Superior or District Court. Do you know the average Winston Salem jury award in personal injury litigation case like yours? Is this number higher or lower than your before any offer is accepted. offer? What are the chances of losing at trial? Is your willing to go to trial if the insurance offer is unfair? These questions should be discussed with your
At The Bishop , our personal injury lawyers know the strategies insurance companies and defense attorneys use. We also have seen instances in which attorneys take offers that are much less than what the should receive all for the “sake of not going to trial”. At The Bishop , we believe that decisions to settle or go to trial should be made on a -by- basis. One size does not fit all when it comes to getting for your .
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible so your injuries will be documented in the medical records
- Give us a call at (919) 615-3095 or start online now!
- Our Personal Injury Attorneys need to know some things from you to get started:
- Date of the and if you have a copy of the report
- How and where the happened
- Hospital visits and any subsequent
- Name of at-fault party and their
- Your employer’s name, job title, etc.
- If you have health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid
- You need to take photos of your injuries, vehicle, passenger’s injuries and the scene (if possible).
- Continue to receive for your injuries if necessary and follow medical advice!
- If you are missing work, write down the days you are missing and how much your pay was on those days
- AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA & Read NC Personal Injury Pitfalls
Frequently asked questions
- What is the statute of limitations in NC for personal Injury? The time limits are different for different types of NC cases, but, in general , you have three (3) years from the date of the .
- How long after a fall can you make a claim? In NC, you have three years from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. Filing a claim with an insurance company should be done as soon as possible after the fall.
- What percentage do most injury lawyers take? Our contingent fee law firm charges 33.33% for representing car accident victims. This means that we are paid solely off how much money we recover for our clients. If we do not recover for our clients, we do not get paid.
- What if you can’t afford a lawyer for a personal injury case? The Bishop Law Firm is a contingent fee law firm which means that we get paid out of your settlement, so there are no retainer fees or upfront costs. If you decide not to hire a lawyer because you don’t want to pay a lawyer, you will have to deal with the insurance company alone.
- How much is a settlement for a slip and fall? The amount of settlement depends on the circumstances of the slip and fall as well as the severity of your injuries. A fall that results in a broken leg will be valued differently than a fall that only results in bruising.
Do you need a Personal Injury Lawyers Winston Salem NC?
NC can help you attain the most recovery for your under North Carolina . Do not expect the at-fault party, or their to inform you of all the recovery you are entitled to. It will be their goal to pay you as little (preferably nothing) as possible.
The Bishop does not get paid unless we win your AND we are only paid a percentage of the amount your recover. This means that we are motivated to help you attain fair compensation.
We are proud members of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice. We also offer free reviews, (919) 615-3095 or start you free case review online now.
Also read: North Carolina Personal Injury Lawyer