If you have been injured through no fault of your own while riding your motorcycle, read on for how a NC Motorcycle Injury Attorney can help you. The Bishop Law Firm represents motorcycle accident victims in North Carolina and we do not get paid unless we win your case! Call us today for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095.
NC Motorcycle Accident Information
Motorcycles can be great fun. We love the panoramic views and fresh air they offer! But, unfortunately, riding a motorcycle is dangerous. This is why NC has a universal helmet law. As a matter of common sense, motorcyclists have nothing to protect them from the road or other cars if an accident occurs. In 2015, the number of deaths on motorcycles was nearly 29 times the number in cars. Also, in 2015, a study in North Carolina demonstrated that when a motorcyclist has a traumatic brain injury (TBI) it costs more to treat them than someone in a car with a TBI. It logically follows that the increased cost of treatment means greater injuries. In 2016, there were 3,763 motorcycle accidents in NC with 154 of them being fatal and 3,015 resulting in injuries according to the NC DMV. Based on those numbers, motorcyclists have a 80% chance of being injured in a accident.
If you are involved in a accident while riding your bike, you may sustain serious injuries that require extensive medical treatment and may even need treatment in the years to come. Broken bones and dislocated joints can take substantial time to heal. Brain injuries can leave you with confusion and disorientation for some time. You will need time to heal, but who is going to pay for your medical care, missed time from work and any future medical care that you may need? In NC, the at-fault party is responsible for reimbursing you for these losses. Actually, you should be reimbursed by the at-fault party’s insurance company, but insurance companies don’t always pay claims, and they want to pay as little as possible.
- Follow all prescribed medical treatment after your accident and document everywhere you have received treatment.
- AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA
- Take photos of your injuries and your bike as well as the other car and surroundings if possible.
- Call us for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095! We can help with the steps below.
- File a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster.
- The insurance company’s adjuster may or may not request a recorded statement.
- Gather all your medical evidence, bills, and missed time from work information.
- Negotiate with the insurance company.
If you have been injured and need a NC Motorcycle Injury Attorney, The Bishop Law Firm can help with your case. We represent car accident victims in Raleigh, Durham, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Smithfield, Louisburg, Chapel Hill, Roanoke Rapids and surrounding areas in North Carolina. We offer free case evaluations and do not get paid unless we win your case. Call us today at (919) 615-3095!