Do you need a Rocky Mount NC Personal Injury Lawyer? Being injured due to someone else’s negligence can knock you for a loop as well as cost you time and money! The Bishop Law Firm can help you recover. Give us a call today for a free case evaluation at (919) 615-3095.
NC Personal Injury Law Requirements
North Carolina is a Contributory Negligence state. This means that you must not be at fault to recover for your personal injury. There are also time limits (See also Statute of Limitations) on how long you have to file a case. The time limits are different for different types of personal injury cases, but, in general, you have three (3) years from the date of the accident. You must also file suit in the county of accident.
Types of Rocky Mount, NC Personal Injury Claims We Handle*
- Car Accident Injury – If you have been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need to be reimbursed for your losses. Unfortunately, car accidents today can be caused by distracted drivers who are texting and driving. Being hit head-on, rear-ended or T-boned can leave you with serious injuries that require expensive medical treatment. In NC, the at-fault party is responsible for your medical expenses, missed time from work and pain & suffering. But what if the at-fault party’s insurance company does not want to pay?
- Truck Accident Injury – Cars never win against big trucks when an accident happens. Being hit by a 18-wheeler can leave you or your loved one with catastrophic injuries that can easily deplete any money you have saved and have your family in debt for years to come. You should not have to pay twice for someone else’s negligence.
- Motorcycle Accident Injury – Motorcyclists have no protection against cars or the road. Car vs. motorcycle accidents can result in severe injuries including traumatic brain injuries. The real effects of an TBI may not be felt or noticed immediately. What if you need more medical treatment after your case has settled?
- Pedestrian vs. Auto Accident Injury – Being hit by a car can destroy your body and have long term implications for the rest of your life.
- Wrongful Death Cases – A lost life can never be replaced. Losing a spouse, child or sibling because of someone else’s negligence is devastating. You need time to focus on saying good-bye, not dealing with the at-fault party’s insurance company. Having a Rocky Mount NC Personal Injury Lawyer can help you avoid extra stress through an already stressful time.
- Work Injury Cases – If you have been hurt on the job, even after being a faithful, long-serving employee, your employer can deny your NC Worker’s Compensation claim or refuse to pay for medical treatment that you need.
- Hospital Negligence Cases – Receiving negligent hospital treatment is unacceptable and can have far-reaching consequences for your body.
- Dog Bite/Attack Cases
- Premise Liability Cases
*If your case type is not listed, give us a call to see if we can help at (919) 615-3095.
What can you recover?
Medical Expenses, Lost Wages and Pain & Suffering are some of the types of recovery that you can receive from your personal injury case. According to NC Law, the at-fault party is responsible for compensating you for your accident-related medical treatment. If you miss time from work, the at-fault party should also pay for your time. How do you measure pain & suffering? Having an experienced Rocky Mount NC Personal Injury Lawyer can help you with this.
Settle or Go to Trial?
If the at-fault party or their insurance carrier is not willing to cover all your expenses and compensate you for pain & suffering, should you still accept the settlement offer? What about future medical expenses related to the injury? There are no easy answers to these questions. If you were injured in Rocky Mount, NC, your case will be heard in Edgecombe or Nash County Superior Court. Do you know the average Rocky Mount jury award in a case like yours? Is this number higher or lower than your settlement offer? What are the chances of losing at trial? Is your attorney willing to go to trial if the insurance offer is unfair? These questions should be discussed with your Rocky Mount NC Personal Injury Lawyer before any settlement offer is accepted.
At The Bishop Law Firm, we know the strategies insurance companies and defense attorneys use because she has represented clients as a plaintiff’s attorney and is a former personal injury defense attorney, as well. We also have seen instances in which attorneys take settlement offers that are much less than what the client should receive all for the “sake of not going to trial”. At The Bishop Law Firm, we believe that decisions to settle or go to trial should be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Give us a call at (919) 615-3095 for your free case evaluation!
- We need to know some things from you to get started:
- Date of the accident and if you have a copy of the accident report
- How and where the accident happened
- Hospital visits and any subsequent medical treatment
- Name of at-fault party and their insurance company
- Your employer’s name, job title, etc.
- If you have health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid
- We need to know some things from you to get started:
- You need to take photos of your injuries, vehicle, passenger’s injuries and the accident scene (if possible).
- Continue to receive medical treatment for your injuries if necessary and follow medical advice!
- If you are missing work, write down the days you are missing and how much your pay was on those days
- AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA
Do you really need a Rocky Mount NC Personal Injury Lawyer?
A Rocky Mount NC Personal Injury Lawyer can help you attain the most recovery for your case under North Carolina law. Do not expect the at-fault party, insurance company or lawyer to inform you of all the recovery you are entitled to. It will be their goal to pay you as little (preferably nothing) as possible. The Bishop Law Firm does not get paid unless we win your case AND we are only paid a percentage of the amount your recover. This means that we are motivated to help you attain the highest recovery possible.
Call us Today at (919) 615-3095
"I enjoyed the experience I had with the Bishop law firm. They were very personable and easy to communicate with. I would recommend them to anyone who needs an excellent law firm."