Do you need a in Rocky Mount? Being injured due to someone else’s negligence can knock you for a loop as well as cost you time and money! The Bishop can help you recover. Give us a call today for a free evaluation at (919) 615-3095.
North Carolina is a contributory negligence state. This means that you must not be at fault (even 1%) to recover for your (but see The Last Clear Chance Doctrine). There are also time limits (Statute of Limitations ) on how long you have to file a cases, but, in general , you have three (3) years from the date of the . . The time limits are different for different types of
Please note that filing a claim with the . You must file a complaint in the county of before the time limit runs out if you are unable to obtain adequate from the . is different than pursuing litigation on your
If you were injured while working, you may also have a NC . Workers’ Comp is governed by the North Carolina Industrial Commission. The Bishop also handles cases in Rocky Mount.
What can you recover?
. According to NC , the at-fault party is responsible for compensating you for your , and Pain & Suffering are some of the types of recovery that you can receive from your -related . If you miss time from work , the at-fault party should also pay for your lost wages.
Pain & suffering can be difficult to calculate. It would naturally follow that the greater your medical expenses, the greater your suffering, but that is not always the case. A personal injury attorney can help with calculating your pain & suffering damages.
Types of Claims We Handle*
– If you have been injured in a through no fault of your own, you need to be reimbursed for your losses. Unfortunately, car accidents today can be caused by distracted drivers who are texting and driving . Being hit head-on, rear-ended or T-boned can leave you with serious injuries that require expensive . In NC, the at-fault party is responsible for your , missed time from work and pain & suffering. But what if the at-fault party’s does not want to pay?
– Cars never win against big trucks when an happens. Being hit by a 18-wheeler can leave you or your loved one with catastrophic injuries that can easily deplete any money you have saved and have your family in debt for years to come. You should not have to pay twice for someone else’s negligence.
– Motorcyclists have no protection against cars or the road. Car vs. motorcycle accidents can result in severe injuries including traumatic brain injuries . The real effects of an TBI may not be felt or noticed immediately. What if you need more after your has settled?
Pedestrian vs. – Being hit by a car can destroy your body and have long term implications for the rest of your life. You need to ensure all your or your inability to work is covered in your , past, present and future.
Cases – A lost life can never be replaced. Losing a spouse, child or sibling because of someone else’s negligence is devastating. You need time to focus on saying good-bye, not dealing with the at-fault party’s A can help you avoid extra stress through an already stressful time..
Work Cases – If you have been hurt on the job, even after being a faithful, long-serving employee, your employer can deny your NC Worker’s claim or refuse to pay for that you need.
Hospital Negligence Cases – Receiving negligent hospital treatment is unacceptable and can have far-reaching consequences for your body.
Dog Bite/Attack Cases – Some breeds are just more aggressive and territorial. Unfortunately, some home-owner insurance policies refuse to cover some breeds of dogs. How do you find out if your is covered?
Premise Cases – Slip and Falls can be difficult to prove because not only does the negligence have to be present, it also has to be the proximate cause of your .
* If your type is not listed, give us a call to see if we can help at (919) 615-3095.
Settle or Go to Trial?
If the at-fault party or their insurance carrier is not willing to cover all your expenses and compensate you for pain & suffering, should you still accept the offer? What about future related to the ? There are no easy answers to these questions.
If you were injured in Rocky Mount, NC, your will be heard in Edgecombe or Nash County Superior Court . Do you know the average Rocky Mount jury award in a before any offer is accepted. like yours? Is this number higher or lower than your offer? What are the chances of losing at trial? Is your willing to go to trial if the insurance offer is unfair? These questions should be discussed with your
At The Bishop , we know the strategies insurance companies and defense attorneys use. We also have seen instances in which attorneys take offers that are much less than what the should receive all for the “sake of not going to trial”. At The Bishop , we believe that decisions to settle or go to trial should be made on a -by- basis. One size does not fit all when it comes to getting for your .
- Give us a call at (919) 615-3095 for your free evaluation!
- We need to know some things from you to get started:
- Date of the and if you have a copy of the report
- How and where the happened
- Hospital visits and any subsequent
- Name of at-fault party and their
- Your employer’s name, job title, etc.
- If you have health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid
- You need to take photos of your injuries, vehicle, passenger’s injuries and the scene (if possible).
- Continue to receive for your injuries if necessary and follow medical advice!
- If you are missing work, write down the days you are missing and how much your pay was on those days
- AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA
Do you need a Rocky Mount, NC?
A can help you attain the most recovery for your under North Carolina . Do not expect the at-fault party, or their to inform you of all the recovery you are entitled to. It will be their goal to pay you as little (preferably nothing) as possible. The Bishop does not get paid unless we win your AND we are only paid a percentage of the amount your recover. This means that we are motivated to help you attain the highest recovery possible. We also offer free reviews, (919) 615-3095.