At The Bishop Law Firm, we understand how important getting an education is. We also recognize how expensive it can be as well. Parents (and many times students themselves) have to pay for housing, books, tuition and meals up front. Some people have to work night jobs or attend school at night after work to be able to afford college. Most college expenses are paid for by loans which must be repaid after a student graduates. In an attempt to help students cover some of this cost, we are offering a $1,000 per year scholarship to one individual who is attending or planning to attend an accredited college or graduate school in the United States in the near future.
About The Bishop Law Firm
The Bishop Law Firm was started in 2013 by Kimberly D. Bishop. Attorney Bishop funded her own education through working part-time, grants, scholarships and student loans. From 2013-2017, The Bishop Law Firm represented only Social Security Disability clients. In 2017, Personal Injury (car accidents, premise liability and hospital negligence) and Worker’s Compensation practice areas were added to the firm. The Bishop Law Firm represents clients in Chapel Hill, Durham, Fayetteville, Louisburg, Raleigh, Roanoke Rapids, Rocky Mount, Smithfield, Wilson and surrounding areas in North Carolina. We also represent Spanish speakers (Abogados en North Carolina).
We are proud to announce that the 2019 scholarship winner was Camisha Tucker who attends Tuskegee University in Tuskegee, Alabama.
How to Apply:
To apply for The Bishop Law Firm Educational Scholarship a 700+ word essay should be submitted on the following topic:
What do you believe is the biggest issue/challenge society is faced with today? What would you do to attempt a solution?
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Essays (about the above subject only) should be received by July 15th at 5:00 p.m. EST for current year consideration. Any submissions received after July 15th will be considered in the following year. Proof of current enrollment may again be required.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word. No other format will be accepted. Please make the subject of email: Scholarship Submission.
- Applicants should include their name, address and phone number.
- Applicants must show proof of enrollment in an accredited U.S. college or graduate school.
- If you do not follow the above application guidelines, your submission will not be considered.
Criteria for Winner Selection
The essays will be judged on thoughtfulness, grammar and originality. We are looking for essays that are well thought out and provide novel solutions. We will email the winner by August 1 letting them know our choice. We look forward to reading your thoughts!