Do you need a Chapel Hill NC Car Accident Lawyer? If so, The Bishop Law Firm can help with your case! Read on for more information.
Some Statistics on Chapel Hill NC Car Accidents
According to the NC Department of Motor Vehicles, in 2016, there were 949 auto crashes and 338 injuries in Chapel Hill, NC. In 2016 in Orange County, there were 2,795 crashes and 1,236 injures. On average, Chapel Hill has almost one auto accident injury per day.
Some Facts on Chapel Hill, NC
- Both attorneys at The Bishop Law Firm, Kimberly D. Bishop and Shannon R. Williamson attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. We love Chapel Hill!
- UNC Chapel Hill was chartered in 1789 which makes it the nation’s first public university.
- At the time of this writing (2018) there were 18,862 undergraduate students attending the university, living (and driving) in Chapel Hill or the surrounding areas.
- Allen & Sons has great barbecue (according to Attorney Bishop).
What questions will a Chapel Hill NC Car Accident Lawyer ask?
- The first question that needs to be answered regarding your Chapel Hill NC car accident was whether the accident was your fault? If you received a citation (ticket) for the accident that means that the accident was determined to be your fault. In North Carolina, if you receive a ticket you are not allowed to file suit against the other party. Assuming that the other party was at fault, we will proceed.
- We will ask you to describe the accident for us. Was the other driver on their phone or intoxicated? Every fact you can tell us helps us both!
- Where you injured in the car accident? Have you received medical treatment for your injuries? Going to the hospital immediately after the accident is the right thing to do BUT continuing to receive medical care for your injuries is the smart thing to do. Ongoing medical treatment documents what kind of health issues you may continue to have from the accident. Please tell us everywhere you have been for medical treatment and if you had x-rays, MRIs, etc. Has your doctor taken you out of work?
- Have you taken photos of your injuries, your passenger’s injuries, your car and the accident scene? If not, now is the time to do so. Luckily, bruises can heal quickly and you need to act fast to get photographs that show your injuries. Photos are so helpful for your case!
- Have you had contact with the at-fault party’s insurance company? If so, you need to tell us what type of communication has occurred. Have you had a recorded statement?
- Have you missed work? If you are missing work, you need to document the days that you are missing and what the pay for those days would have been. Some days you miss may be paid as overtime days so that needs to be accounted for.
Do you need a Chapel Hill NC Car Accident Lawyer?
If you are having a difficult time with the insurance company or if you want advice on obtaining all compensation you are entitled to under North Carolina law, you should call a Chapel Hill NC Car Accident Lawyer. The Bishop Law Firm handles Chapel Hill Car Accident injury cases and we do not get paid unless you win! Call us today at (919) 615-3095.