Do you need a Louisburg Car Accident Lawyer? If so, The Bishop Law Firm can help with your case! Read on for more information.
Let’s face it, accidents happen! According to the NC Department of Motor Vehicles, in 2021, there were 152 auto crashes and 89 injuries in Louisburg, NC. In 2021 in Franklin County, there were 634 injures from car accidents. That averages to almost 2 Louisburg area auto accident injuries a day. Unfortunately, distracted and drunk drivers contribute to these collisions.
Under NC Personal Injury Law, if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident through no fault of your own you can recover the costs of your medical expenses, missed time from work and be compensated for your pain and suffering. Punitive damages are rarely awarded.
In order for you to recover from NC Personal Injury Litigation, you must file your case in court before the statute of limitations runs out.
If you were injured in a car accident while working you may also have a NC Workers’ compensation case. Workers’ compensation would not apply if you are on your way to work or your way home.
When to call a Louisburg Car Accident Lawyer:
Was the Car Accident your fault? The first question that needs to be answered regarding your Louisburg NC car accident was whether the accident was your fault? If you received a citation (ticket) for the accident that means that the accident was determined to be your fault.
In North Carolina, if you receive a ticket you are not allowed to file suit against the other party due to contributory negligence. Assuming that the other party was at fault, we will proceed.
Do you have injuries from the accident that require medical treatment? If you do not have a bodily , you do not have a . If you do have an , you need medical care.
Going to the hospital immediately after the accident is the right thing to do BUT continuing to receive medical care for your injuries is the smart thing to do. Ongoing medical treatment documents what kind of health issues you may continue to have from the accident.
Our Firm has written several posts on personal injury after a car crash. Even, if your car accident injury is not listed below, we still can help!
- Back Injury After Car Accident
- Neck Injury After Car Accident
- Chiari Malformation After Car Accident
- Brain Injury After Car Accident
- Blunt Force Trauma To Head From Car Accident
- Shoulder Injury After Car Accident
- Leg Injury After Car Accident
- Foot Injury After Car Accident
- Skin Injury After Car Accident
- PTSD After Car Accident
- Vehophobia After Car Accident
- Chronic Conditions From Car Accidents
- Delayed Symptoms After Car Accident
Have you missed work? If you are missing work, you need to document the days that you are missing and what the pay for those days would have been. Some days you miss may be paid as overtime days so that needs to be accounted for.
Your employer will need to verify your missed time from work due to your accident so be sure to keep them informed about your severe injuries.
Are you having a difficult time getting the at-fault driver’s insurance to admit fault or authorize medical treatment? Unfortunately, insurance companies make money by collecting premiums, not paying claims. Delay tactics and low-ball offers are to be expected.
In addition, seeking legal advice may be your only option if the insurance company refuses to accept liability for the accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much can an accident lawyer charge? Our contingent fee law firm charges 33.33% for representing car accident victims. This means that we are paid solely off how much money we recover for our clients. If we do not recover for our clients, we do not get paid.
- What is a good settlement offer for a car accident? This is a great question with a complicated answer. A “good” settlement will include reimbursement of all of the victim’s medical bills, lost wages and pain & suffering. The “best” settlement will include the same as a “good” settlement with the addition of estimated future expenses. Also read How to Calculate a Car Accident Settlement in North Carolina
- How do I choose a car crash lawyer? We would love to tell you that it’s all about experience or diplomas on the wall (we have both), but the real answer is passion. You should choose a car accident lawyer that is passionate about what they do. To quote our mentor, “if you love doing it, you just do it better.”
- How do I negotiate more money from a car accident claim? In our experience, negotiating with an insurance adjuster is only going to get you so much money as they just don’t have enough authority before litigation. Also, rushing or hinting to the adjuster that you need money will only bring down the value of your claim.
- What not to say to an insurance adjuster? Never tell the adjuster that you need money fast. Never lie to the adjuster. Never be rude to the adjuster or threaten them. Also, once you have a lawyer, do not communicate with the adjuster unless your lawyer tells you it is ok to do so.
If you are having a difficult time with the insurance company or if you want advice on obtaining all compensation you are entitled to under North Carolina law, you should call a Louisburg NC Car Accident Lawyer. The Bishop Law Firm handles Louisburg Car Accident injury cases and we do not get paid unless you win! Call us today at (919) 615-3095.
Also read North Carolina Car Accident Lawyer