Do you need a Wilson Car Accident Lawyer? If so, The Bishop Law Firm can help with your case! We offer free case reviews by phone or you can start online now.
Wilson Car Accidents
If you have been injured in a Wilson NC Car Accident, you are not alone! According to the NC Department of Motor Vehicles, in 2021, there were 1,735 auto crashes and 787 injuries in Wilson, NC. Also in 2021, in Wilson County, there were 2,685 crashes and 1,101 injures. That averages to more than 2 Wilson car wreck injuries and more than 3 Wilson County auto accident injuries a day.
North Carolina Personal Injury Law
Under NC Personal Injury Law, if you have been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own you can recover the costs of your medical expenses, missed time from work and be compensated for your pain and suffering. Punitive damages are rarely awarded.
In order for you to recover from NC Personal Injury Litigation, you must file your personal injury case in court before the statute of limitations runs out.
If you were injured in a car accident while working you may also have a NC Workers’ compensation case. Workers’ compensation would not apply if you are on your way to work or your way home.
Was the Car Accident your fault?
The first question that needs to be answered regarding your car accident was whether the accident was your fault? If you received a citation (ticket) for the accident that means that the accident was determined to be your fault.
In North Carolina, if you receive a ticket you are not allowed to file suit against the other party due to contributory negligence. Assuming that the other party was at fault, we will proceed.
It, at times, can be difficult to determine fault in a auto accident. If you are unsure who is at fault after your motor vehicle accident, contact a Personal Injury Attorney for help. You should also try to obtain your accident report through the Wilson Police Department or the NC Highway Patrol.
The Car Accident Scene
Hopefully, you have never been in an car accident before so we should discuss what happened at the scene. At the scene of the accident, the police officer or state trooper took statements, you were given witness contact information, you obtained the at-fault party’s insurance information and you took photos of your vehicle before you went to the emergency room or other medical facility.
If you were unable to take photos of your vehicle right after the accident, now is the time to do so! Photos of your injuries are also important for your case.
What medical treatment is needed?
Going to the hospital immediately after the accident is the right thing to do BUT continuing to receive medical care for your injuries is the smart thing to do. Ongoing medical treatment documents what kind of health issues you may continue to have from the accident.
If you went to the emergency room after the accident you informed the medical staff of what happened, where you were experiencing pain or discomfort and hopefully they gave you an examination, x-rays, CTs or MRIs of those areas. You should also take photos of your visible auto accident injuries. Once again, if you have not done so, now is a good time!
Our Firm has written several posts on personal injury after a car crash. Even, if your car accident injury is not listed below, we still can help!
- Back Injury After Car Accident
- Neck Injury After Car Accident
- Chiari Malformation After Car Accident
- Brain Injury After Car Accident
- Blunt Force Trauma To Head From Car Accident
- Shoulder Injury After Car Accident
- Leg Injury After Car Accident
- Foot Injury After Car Accident
- Skin Injury After Car Accident
- PTSD After Car Accident
- Vehophobia After Car Accident
- Chronic Conditions From Car Accidents
- Delayed Symptoms After Car Accident
You have lost wages, what now?
If you are missing work, you need to document the days that you are missing and what the pay for those days would have been. Some days you miss may be paid as overtime days so that needs to be accounted for. Your employer will need to verify your missed time from work so you should keep them informed about your severe injuries.
Frequently asked questions:
- How much are car accident lawyer attorney fees? Our contingent fee law firm charges 33.33% for representing car accident victims. This means that we are paid solely off how much money we recover for our clients. If we do not recover for our clients, we do not get paid.
- What is a good settlement offer for a car accident? This is a great question with a complicated answer. A “good” settlement will include reimbursement of all of the victim’s medical bills, lost wages and pain & suffering. The “best” settlement will include the same as a “good” settlement with the addition of estimated future expenses. Also read How to Calculate a Car Accident Settlement in North Carolina
- How do you choose a car crash lawyer? We would love to tell you that it’s all about experience or diplomas on the wall, but the real answer is passion. You should choose a car accident lawyer that is passionate about what they do. To quote our mentor, “if you love doing it, you just do it better.”
- What if you can’t afford a lawyer for a personal injury case? The Bishop Law Firm is a contingent fee law firm which means that we get paid out of your settlement, so there are no retainer fees or upfront costs. If you decide not to hire a Raleigh Car Accident lawyer because you don’t want to pay a lawyer, you will have to deal with the insurance company alone.
Do you need a Wilson Car Accident Lawyer?
Dealing with the insurance company on a personal injury claim can be aggravating for car accident victims. Unnecessary delay, refusal to pay for medical bills and denial of liability, are all common stories about adjusters.
Most importantly, the insurance company has no duty to inform you of your rights and their goal is to settle your case for as little as possible. Obtaining legal advice can help you decide if you should take the insurance companies settlement offer or file a personal injury lawsuit.
If you are having a difficult time with the insurance company or if you want advice on obtaining all compensation you are entitled to under North Carolina law, you should call a Wilson Car Accident Lawyer..
The Bishop Law Firm handles car accident, motorcycle accident, truck accident and fatal accident cases in Wilson, NC and we do not get paid unless you win! Call us today at (919) 615-3095 for a free case review or start online now!
Also read NC Car Accident Lawyer